A historic neighborhood specialty market providing high quality meat, seafood, cheese and an overall unique shopping experience to our community through friendly knowledgeable service.
Join The Team!
We are seeking a part or full-time prep-cook. Good genuine customer service and attention to detail are a must!! The ideal candidate will also be able to follow instructions, function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team and communicate well with others. Willing to work on Saturdays. Wages D.O.E.
▪ read and reproduce recipes
▪ follow prep lists laid out by chefs for daily tasks
▪ label and stock all ingredients so they can be organized and easily accessible
▪ prepare ingredients by washing, cutting vegetables, cutting meat etc.
▪ execute basic cooking duties such as soups, sauces, par cooking, light baking
▪ comply with sanitation procedures
▪ ensure all food items are labeled and stored properly
▪ preform other kitchen tasks as needed
▪ ability to multi-task is a must
▪ at least one year experience as a prep cook in a professional kitchen
▪ working knowledge of health and safety rules in a professional kitchen
▪ knowledge of knife skills and kitchen equipment operation
▪ team player with excellent communication skills
▪ high school diploma or equivalent, formal culinary school training is an asset
Please fill out and bring your application to the store.
We are a small group of neighbors that came together to revitalize Grant Street Grocery and Market. Our intent is to continue to bring the best meat, seafood and cheese selection to Casper, along with an expanded array of specialty items and freshly prepared foods. We hope to maintain a neighborhood market experience that Grant Street has provided to the community for almost 100 years!
Terry and Del Johnson, Doug and Susan Holmes and Lindsey Grant
Meet Grant Street Grocery and Market’s Chef, Matt Sissman.
Born and raised in Casper, WY, Sissman grew up riding his bike to Grant Street Grocery and Market to buy candy and later even worked for a time behind the meat counter.
After attending the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY, Sissman worked at a number of restaurants in the West and eventually found his way down South to McMurdo Station, Antarctica. While living in Lander, WY he opened the venerable MiddleFork restaurant as well as its sister dinner restaurant SEGO.
When the opportunity to be a part of the resurrection of Grant Street Grocery came around there wasn’t a question.
Christie’s passion for food began at The Black Labrador Pub in Houston, TX. She was actively involved in creating the menu and wine, beer and specialty drink lists. Carrying the second largest selection of Scotch in the city, she had the privilege of touring the whiskey trail in Scotland. Later she became the Deli-Cheese, Cafe and Catering manager at Central Market in Austin, TX, overseeing hundreds of cheeses as well as cured meats, pates and housemade dinners.
Christie and her husband have been in Casper for the last eight years. She loves her family, dogs, food and wine, in that order....depending on the day.
Christie is looking forward to helping you plan for any celebration, big or small.
Travis started his culinary career while working at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Florida and attending culinary classes in St. Augustine to become a Chef. He moved back to Casper and began working as a private chef. JRG hired Travis as the Chef/Kitchen manager to open Eggingtons restaurant.
Travis has been a self-employed entrepreneur that found a serious love and passion for top quality artisan coffee. He has been studying styles and brewing techniques for 10+ years and has trained at Corvus Coffee Roasters in Denver and worked with some of the best in the craft coffee business. He wants to innovate and push the envelope in what is possible with craft coffee, while being an ambassador to educating people and helping to grow the single origin coffee industry.